If you’re looking to import products from China, you’ve probably heard of RoRo shipping. But what is it exactly? And is it the right shipping method for your goods?
In this post, we’ll take a look at what RoRo shipping is and how it works. We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of using this shipping method, so you can make an educated decision about whether or not it’s the right choice for you.
What Is RoRo Shipping?
RoRo shipping, or roll-on, roll-off shipping, is a type of transportation perfect for big and bulky cargo. With RoRo shipping, the cargo is driven onto and off the ship, making it a fast and efficient way to move large shipments.
But RoRo shipping isn’t just for cargo. You can also ship vehicles this way, which is why it’s such a popular choice for moving cars and other vehicles from one country to another.
If you’re thinking about using RoRo shipping to move cargo from China, there are a few things you need to know. Keep reading to learn more.
How RoRo Shipping Works
So how does RORO shipping work? First, the cargo is loaded onto the ship. This can be done in two ways: either the cargo is driven onto the ship or a crane lifts on it.
Once it’s on board, the ship is sealed and sets sail for its destination. Because there’s no need for a port to unload the cargo, this type of shipping is perfect for items that are too large or heavy for other methods.
As the ship approaches its destination, it will send out a pre-arranged signal so that the receiving party knows to prepare for unloading. The cargo is then unloaded and taken to its final destination.
What Are the Advantages of Ro-Ro Shipping?
There are a lot of benefits to using RoRo shipping from China. For one, it’s a cost-effective way to move your goods. You don’t have to worry about your cargo being damaged because it’s all safely secured on the ship. And since the ports are in China, you’ll save time and money on transportation costs.
Another big benefit is that you can ship just about anything using RoRo shipping. That includes heavy machinery, cars, and even boats. Plus, there’s no need to worry about customs paperwork or tariffs—the shipping company takes care of everything for you.
So if you’re looking for a fast, safe, and affordable way to move your goods, RoRo shipping from China is definitely the way to go.
What Are the Disadvantages of Ro/Ro Shipping?
While RoRo shipping may sometimes be cheaper than container shipping, insurance coverage is limited as no port inspection reports are issued. In the event of damage, it may be hard to determine when the damage happened and to claim on insurance. Also, RoRo shipments are often only insured for total loss, so you’ll have to weigh up the risk of potential damage & the cost of repair against the actual shipping costs.
Ro/Ro vessels have a lower call frequency than container vessels. Without giving your RoRo cargo freight forwarder enough lead time, it may be challenging to plan your cargo’s journey in accordance with your timelines. A missed appointment/loading time at your RoRo carrier’s port will set you back substantially as that ship won’t be back any time soon, forcing you to re-route your shipment entirely.
How Much Does RoRo Shipping Cost from China?
So, you’re interested in shipping your goods from China using RoRo shipping? Excellent choice!
But before you can book your shipment, you need to know how much it will cost. The good news is that the rates are very reasonable, especially when you compare them to other shipping methods.
A few factors will affect the final price, such as the weight and size of your shipment and the destination. But generally speaking, you can expect to pay between $200 and $2,000 for a RoRo shipment.
Who Needs to Use RoRo Shipping?
You might be wondering who can use RoRo shipping from China. And the answer is, pretty much anyone!
Really, RoRo shipping is great for anyone who needs to move large, bulky items. For example, maybe you’re a retailer who needs to ship furniture to your store in the States. Or maybe you’re a manufacturer who needs to transport a large machine to a customer’s site.
In short, if you have something too big or too heavy to ship by air or sea, then RoRo shipping is the perfect option for you.
Things to Consider when Shipping RORO from China:
So you’re interested in shipping your goods via RoRo from China? That’s great! There are a few things to consider before you get started. Here are the most important factors to think about:
1. What kind of goods are you shipping? Some items, like hazardous materials, cannot be transported via RoRo. Make sure that your shipment does not fall into this category.
2. What is the size and weight of your shipment? The dimensions and weight of your goods will determine which type of ship you need to use and how much it will cost to transport your cargo.
3. What is the destination of your shipment? Different countries have different regulations when it comes to importing goods. Make sure you are aware of these regulations before sending your shipment, or you may find yourself in trouble once it arrives at its destination.
4. What is the transit time? This is the amount of time it will take for your shipment to make the journey from China to its final destination. Keep in mind that longer transit times generally mean higher shipping costs.
5.What is the shipping cost? This is a very important factor when shipping goods from China. Make sure that you get quotes from several different shipping companies before making a decision.
How to Choose a RoRo Shipping Company?
When it comes to shipping your car from China, there are a few choices you have to make. But the first decision you need to make is which shipping company to use.
There are a lot of shipping companies out there, and it can be tough to figure out which one is right for you. But don’t worry, we’re here to help.
1. Do your research: go through all the information on the company website, including registration, terms and conditions, FAQs, competence and years of experience in RORO shipping.
2. Ask for a Quote: verify the factors considered when the company provides a quote for your transportation needs. Make sure there are no hidden charges.
3. Verify their services: check if the RORO shipping company can provide RORO services with a specified timeline to meet your needs.
4. Always ask about insurance: know if the RORO shipping company can ensure that your goods arrive safely and on time through their RORO services.
6.Go with a forwarder that offers door-to-door service: This will make things much easier for you in the long run.
Why Choose China Global Freight for Your Ro-Ro Shipping
We are a specialized RoRo cargo freight forwarder in China, shipping to the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Poland, and other Europe Countries.
China Global Freight offers affordable cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, buses, and machinery shipping using Roll on Roll off (RoRo) service from China to all the main shipping ports /terminals around the world.
Here are just a few of the reasons why we stand out from the crowd:
- We’re experienced in Ro-Ro shipping. We know the ins and outs of this type of transport, so you can rest assured that your goods will be in safe hands.
- We only work with reputable RoRo carriers to provide our clients with sustainable and reliable RoRo transport services..
- We have a worldwide network of agents who can help with customs clearance and other paperwork requirements.
- We offer competitive shipping rates without compromising on quality or service.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us today to discuss your shipping requirements!
Tips for Ro-Ro Shipping from China
RoRo shipping is often the best way to go when you’re shipping heavy cargo from China. Here are a few tips to ensure your shipment goes as smoothly as possible.
1. Make sure your goods are properly packed & ready for transport: If they’re not, it could end up costing you more in the long run.
2. Choose the suitable RoRo ocean carrier: not all carriers offer RoRo shipping, so make sure you’re working with one that does.
3. Plan ahead your shipments: planning is vital regarding RoRo shipping. Make sure you have everything ready well in advance so there are no delays.
5. Pick the proper port: not all of the world’s ports are equipped to handle Ro-Ro vessels, so be sure to choose one that is.
6. Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork in order: this will help keep the process moving smoothly and avoid delays.
7. Remove or unplug your battery: you will likely need to remove or unplug your battery to maintain safety on a RORO ship, depending on the RORO carrier you use.
8. Freight quote must reflect inland delivery: Remember that you must get your vehicle to the port of origin and from the point of destination. When working with China Global Freight, we handle pick-up and delivery to and from the ship and include it in our overall freight quote, so there are no surprises.
9. Hire a freight forwarder to get the best freight rate: Freight forwarders are uniquely positioned with Ro-Ro carriers to negotiate the best rates for shipping your cars or oversized equipment. Doing this independently without in-depth knowledge could lead to extra fees.
10.Make sure you have the right cargo insurance in place: get full risk coverage for your RORO cargo, so your investment is secure in unprecedented emergencies.
Shipping your products from China via RoRo can seem complicated, but with this guide, you’ll be able to do it like a pro.
Ro-Ro shipping can be a hassle, but it doesn’t have to be with China Global Freight. Call us today at +86-15914008797 or email us at email@example.com to see how we can help.